James B. Porter, Jr. Award for Technology Leadership
Each year, CII honors an individual who exhibits the traits and leadership qualities that James B. Porter, Jr. is known for. This award was established in 2007 as a tribute to Jim Porter, who was instrumental in establishing Fiatech and whose vision, leadership, technical acumen, commitment to people, and tireless efforts have advanced the capital projects industry.
Award Selection CriteriaCriteria for the Porter Award include the following:
- Significant technology contributions to the construction industry (i.e., through innovation, effective implementation, business impact, and mentorship).
- Demonstration of the highest degree of personal dedication to the development and advancement of technology within the capital projects industry. (Describe in detail.)
- A leadership position in the construction industry from which others can be influenced by example, mentorship, or direction.
- A record of accomplishment that brings distinction to the recipient and the organization with which he or she has been associated.
- Nominees cannot be active on the CII Executive Committee, or part of the current or past CII staff.